Space Time Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Battle of L.A. - UFO over Los Angeles 1942
by easynow Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:13 pm

» Secret 1990 Calvine UFO photo leaked
by easynow Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:22 pm

» U.S. Military has Secret UFO retrieval program
by easynow Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:47 pm

» Video: Astronauts' Reports of UFO are Silenced
by easynow Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:49 pm

» Customs and Border Patrol UAP Videos
by SpaceBot Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:25 pm

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns.

2 posters

Go down

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. Empty UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns.

Post  karl 12 Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 pm

"There are some definite flight type characteristics that are seen now that I would say represent genuine UFOs...ie: instant acceleration; instant stop; vertical acceleration -up into the air and down to the ground; reverses in direction; right angle turns - all in silence - multiple objects sometimes separating and then going back into each other.
They are classic, what I would call, genuine UFO characteristics - things that we can not do in a conventional sense".

British Detective Police Constable Gary Heseltine - Police UFO reporting organisation, PRUFOS

As I'm sure a lot of people already know (including Gary Heseltine) there's been quite a number of reports over the years describing unidentified flying objects performing highly unusual flight characteristics like instant acceleration, immediate stops, reverses in direction, pendulum motion etc.. - below are some reports dealing with right angle turns, if anyone knows of any other examples then please feel free to post.

Right Angle Turns

UFO Observed By Pilots Making 90 Degree Turn ~ September 10, 1951

Government Document 1

Government Document 2

Lt. Rogers followed the object in a diving turn to the left descending to an altitude of about 16,000 fet with the object about 8,000 feet below and to the right of the aircraft. Thereafter he tried to keep a course paralleling, but above, that of the object.

As soon as Major Ballard completed his radio report he was notified of the strange object. Both watched it make a 90 degree turn to the left and kept it under observation together while it covered approximately 20 miles before it disappeared out to sea.

On the same date a radar station at Ft. Monmouth reported two targets that were unidentified, traveling over 700 mph, and giving returns that could not be explained as being equipment malfunction, anomalous propagation, or anything but an actual target as described in the attached report.

Link

--

Right Angle turns over Vietnam.

My friend John Miranda, who was the first to show me evidence for UFOs, heard first-hand an account from a co-worker in 1972: Andy (not his real name) had just served as an USAF Technical Sergeant in “what he described was the intelligence center in Thailand that coordinated the military aircraft flights over all of Vietnam. As he put it, ‘if there was a plane flying anywhere in S.E. Asia, this control center knew about it’.” It was probably the Nakhon Phanom Royal Thai Air Force Base, identified in FOIA documents discussed below.

Andy reported that “one day [probably in 1969] on multiple radars, they tracked an object traveling at 7,000 mph that repeatedly made right angle turns. They checked with the top commanders from Air Force, Army, Navy and Marines. All confirmed they had no aircraft flying in that area at the time. Of course, the folks in the intelligence center were warned never to speak of this event.”Miranda added that Andy was a sharp individual without tendency to exaggerate. “He knew exactly what he was telling me. And he had no reason to embellish the story.” Thus ended my first Vietnam UFO story. More were to follow.

link

--

Objects make 90 degree turns ~ Gulf of Oman.

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. Nx5142d636

In 1989 the aircraft carrier USS Midway was on a tour of duty in the Indian Ocean. On a mission in the Gulf of Oman, the Combat Direction Centre (CDC) watch officer and his crew were electronically monitoring the positions and movements of all surface contacts to ensure a safety margin of three miles or more from any potentialy hostile vessels.

Suddenly the officer spotted three strong blips (contacts) on his radar screen grouped in triangular formation. On the second sweep of the radar screen the officer was stunned to see that the contacts had moved a considerable distance in a remarkably short period of time. While this CDC group's mission is to monitor and track ocean surface contacts, low flying aircraft are also periodicaly picked up on their low angled radar. These contacts however, were moving faster than any aircraft the officer or his crew had ever observed. The next unnerving thought to occur to the CDC officer, was that these were missiles. The officer checked with the airbourne detection group within the CDC and they responded that they weren't picking up or tracking anything at all.There were no contact blips flashing on their screens.

Tensions mounted quickly however,as the CDC officer and his crew continued to track the three fast moving blips as they angled towards the ship. As the "contacts" rapidly got closer, two of the blips made a startling ninety degree turn away from the ship ,but the third turned directly towards the ship. The CDC offcier excitedly barked over the ship's intercom to the observers on the ship's superstructure that something was coming right at them at a high rate os speed. Accelerating, it was coming in so fast there was no time to react. When the object got within one mile of the ship it suddenly disappeared from radar..

Link

--

Right Angle Turn ~ New Mexico

On June 20, 1968, about 2 a.m., Mr. & Mrs. Larry Ferney of Mobile, Alabama, were driving near Roswell, N.M. when they saw an object descending from a height of about 100 yards. The UFO displayed three bright lights, "like the landing lights of an aircraft."

Making a 90-degree turn, the UFO headed down toward the car and proceeded to pace it for 5 miles at an estimated distance of about 50 feet. Mr. & Mrs. Ferney were in a state of near hysteria, first fearing an imminent crash, then frightened by the mysterious object apparently pursuing them. Finally, the UFO raced out of sight.

Link

--

Police Officer witnesses object making right angle turns ~ Manchester, 1976.

0150 hours. 02/04/76.

Location – Bury, Greater Manchester.

After completing his duty DETECTIVE SERGEANT NORMAN COLLINSON was driving home along the M62 and M66 motorways.As he turned north onto the M66 he observed a white disc of light moving very fast which crossed the path he was travelling. The object was heading toward Knoll Hill, east of Bury. The UFO made a right angle turn onto a south to south-east heading. The object was heading in the direction of Heywood. Puzzled the officer stopped his vehicle and got out to look at the light. As he did so the light stopped and hovered near to his location. It then began to perform a series of spectacular ‘box’ right angle turns. The UFO began to move off in the direction of Heywood once more with DS Collinson following it in his car. The object stopped a second time and again repeated the angular movements described earlier before streaking away at a tremendous speed out of view.
The incident was reported to the MOD and Manchester Airport.

Off Duty sighting. 1 Officer. Source – FSR Vol 23 No 2.

Link

--

Statements:

"Headquarters wouldn't let us go after it and we played around a little bit. We got to watching how it made 90 degree turns at this high speed and everything. We knew it wasn't a missile of any type, so then we confirmed it with the radar control station, and they kept following it, and then it crashed somewhere off between Texas and the Mexico border."
Colonel Robert Willingham, USAF from an Sworn Affidavit in the 1970's when discussing a sighting of a UFO whilst he was navigating an F94 jet on September 6th 1950.

"The light would throb with an increased intensity prior to each change of colour and hover in the sky for some time and then dart and cover large distances, doing a number of right-angled turns at high speed".
Senior Constable Andrew Luhrs -Gladstone,Southern Australia,May 22, 1996

"When you have the view of the airspace and the radar screen and you see the UFOs go around twenty or thirty miles a second – that is very real. They can turn suddenly almost 90 degrees in a second or half a second. The UFOs can go vertically straight up very quickly."
Mexico City Senior Air Traffic Controller, Enrique Kolbeck

link

karl 12

Back to top Go down

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. Empty Re: UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns.

Post  karl 12 Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Right angle turn reports taken from Project Bluebook files:

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. Qo5142d911

May 1, 1952, George AFB, California. 10:50 a.m:

Witnesses: three men on the arms range, plus one Lt. Colonel 4 miles away. Five flat-white discs about the diameter of a C-47's wingspan (95') flew fast, made a 90degrees turn in a formation of three in front and two behind, and darted around, for 15-30 seconds.

Sept. 15, 1968, near Ocala, Florida. 9:30 p.m:

Witness: missionary pilot Jay Cole, flying a Beech C-45 twin-engined utility plane. One light performed aerobatics for 15 minutes and then vanished. A second light appeared, heading toward them on a collision course, made a 90* turn and disappeared. Later, ground radar told them a target was following them. Sightings lasted 15 minutes.

July 21, 1952, Converse, Texas. 4:30 p.m:

Witness: wife of USAF Capt. J. B. Neal. One elongated, fuselage-shaped object flew straight and level, made a right-angle turn and went out of sight at more than 300 m.p.h., all in 3-5 seconds.

Nov. 13, 1952, Glasgow, Montana. 2:43 a.m:

Witness: U.S. Weather Bureau observer Earl Oksendahl. Five oval-shaped objects, with lights all around them, flew in a V-formation for about 20 seconds. Each object seemed to be changing position vertically by climbing or diving as if to hold formation. Formation came from the northwest, made a 90* overhead, and flew away to the southwest.

Nov. 24, 1952, Annandale, Virginia. 6:30 p.m:

Witness: Lt. L. Brettner. One round, glowing object flew very fast, made right angle turns and reversed course during a 1 hour sighting.

July 12, 1952, Annapolis, Maryland. 3:30 p.m:

Witness: insurance company president William Washburn. Four large, elliptical-shaped objects were seen to fly very fast, stop, turn 90* and fly away in 7-8 seconds.

July 13, 1950, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama. 5 p.m:

Witnesses: two skilled Arsenal employees including Mr. Washburn. one object, shaped like a bowtie, and like polished aluminum. Flew straight and level, then one triangle rotated 1/4 turn in the opposite direction and returned to its original position. The object then made a right-angle turn and accelerated away after at least 30 seconds.

Jan. 10, 1953, Sonoma, California. 3:45 p.m or 4 p.m:

Witnesses: retired Col. Robert McNab, and Mr. Hunter of the Federal Security Agency. One flat object, like a pinhead, made three 360* right turns in 9 seconds, made abrupt 90* turns to the right and left, stopped, accelerated to original speed and finally flew out of sight vertically after 60-75 seconds.

May 11, 1954, Washington, D.C. 10:45 p.m:

Witnesses: three USAF.air policemen at Washington National Airport. Two bright lights were seen on three occasions to fly straight and level, make 90* turns and fade. Each sighting lasted about 45 seconds.

Feb. 27, 1967, Grand Haven, Michigan. 8:19 p.m:

Witnesses: Sheriff Grysen, wife and others. Large white light, with smaller red and green lights seen to the sides. Made almost instantaneous 90degrees turn to left, shot out over road and stopped, moving too fast to follow. Sighting lasted 1 hour, 11 minutes.

Ufologie - Project Bluebook

karl 12

Back to top Go down

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. Empty Re: UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns.

Post  karl 12 Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Washington Radarscope - right angle turn, figure E.

Diagram of July 20, 1952 UFOs Over DC

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. 646c435947b5

Diagram of the UFOs tracked by Washington's National Airport radar scope on July 20, 1952. At A, 7 objects approach the Nation's capital from the south. At B, some are seen over the White House and Capitol. At C, they appear over Andrews Air Force Base. At D, one UFO tracks an airliner. At E, one is seen to make a sharp right-angular turn.

Source: UFOs - A Pictorial History From Antiquity to the Present, by David C. Knight. (McGraw Hill Book Co., 1979.)

Statements:

"There is no other conclusion I can reach but that for six hours on the morning of the 20th of July, 1952 there were at least ten unidentifiable objects moving above Washington....I can safely deduce that they performed gyrations which no known aircraft could perform. By this I mean that our scope showed that they could make right angle turrns and complete reversals of flight".
Senior Air Route Traffic Controller Harry Barnes.

"I saw several bright lights. I was at my maximum speed, but even the I had no closing speed...Later I chased a single bright light which I estimated about ten miles away. I lost visual contact with it at about two miles".
Lt William Patterson, F-94 Pilot who chased UFOs over Washington DC, 1952.

The 1952 UFO Sighting Wave, Part 1 (pdf) / 2 / 3

--

UFOs Over Ship in the Pacific Ocean

.."What happened next convinced me these were intelligently controlled vehicles. As they approached the starboard side of the ship, the object on the left turned to the West at a 45 degree angle and reduced speed. The right one continued flying south directly over the ship. After passing over the ship it made a sudden 90 degree turn to the West without loosing speed. Both objects were getting closer to each other again. The one on the left made another 45 degree angle turn to the West and they were again flying parallel heading west.

This was a very slick and precise maneuver that seemed automated or programed. We continued to observe these objects until they disappeared in the Western horizon."

Link

--

UFOs SIGHTED ON TEXAS LONG RANGE RADAR

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. Wd5142e118

.."We watched as the fighters were heading to intercept; the UFO's had crossed the border of Oklahoma and entered Texas by this point.When the fighters got to about 20 miles of interception, the UFO's stopped dead in the air, made a right angle turn and took off towards the Northwest. We calculated their speed at about 8000 miles per hour.

There were 8 officer Radar Operators and 3 Radar Techs in our Hut during this episode. Within ten minutes after the final sighting a group of about 8 men in civilian suits, and 14 uniformed armed guards came into the Hut, separated us, and took us at gunpoint to a hangar on the other side of the field."

Link

--

[b]Virginia Atlantic Coast (aboard USN ship)

UFO OUT AT SEA -- During a routine weather observation on October 2, 2007, at 10 PM. aboard a Naval vessel during flight operations, I witnessed an object to my east moving at an extreme speed and changing directions rapidly before disappearing. We were about 100 miles off the coast of southern Virginia.It was a white light about four times the size of a star. Imagine an airplane at night with it's lights not blinking, but flying about 5,000 mph. Moving at a 45 degree angle from east to west it abruptly changed course and made a right angle turn and disappeared. I am a Meteorologist for the Navy and observe the sky on a nightly basis. I have never seen anything like this. It was not caught on our radar. It appeared to be about 5-7 miles away, but I suspect it was much farther away than that.

Link

karl 12

Back to top Go down

Post  karl 12 Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Architect witnesses object making right angle turn:

Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States, April 26, 1954.

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. C45a96bca10a

Summary: Russell M. Peirce, architect, reported a circular object which made a right-angle turn. "I was standing at the rear of the local High School building talking with two friends... Suddenly we all heard a very loud deep roar as of many motors... The object as I first saw it appeared as a flaming ring. The color was a little on the whitish tone but also had some suggestion of the orange-yellow of the common flame of burning wood, say."

Link

--

Atlantic Ocean

"We were out about six hundred miles over the Atlantic at 21,000 feet heading in to Logan.. Reflexively I swiveled my head to look at him and caught this dazzle of twinkling lights coming at us from the starboard side, just ahead, and appearing maybe about fifty feet below. Instantly Slim and I realized that whatever the thing was, it was moving in a hurry, that it was entirely too close, and appeared to be about to cross in front of, or about to collide with us. And it was huge!

I slammed on some power, hauled the nose up and prayed we'd go over the top of that thing. Just as we started to climb, this thing swept straight up, did an impossible right angle turn and begins to pace us. I don't see how ANYTHING could have executed a maneuver like that -- I mean almost a simultaneous two-directional turn -- up and to the right, not to mention coming to damned near a dead stop!"

Link

--

Close Encounters of a Political Kind

I Too Saw a UFO!

By DAVE LINDORFF

It happened back around 1970. I was travelling in the late afternoon, right around sunset, down Route 9 from Middletown, CT to Old Saybrook. As I was driving, I noticed a small shiny object up in the sky flying parallel to the ground at a very high rate of speed. The sun was glinting off of it, making it especially bright. It caught my attention because it was flying much faster than a commercial jet, and was leaving no contrail. There was no apparent shape to it. That is, I couldn't see wings or a tail, but it was pretty far off.

I was just speculating as to whether it might be a supersonic military jet when suddenly the thing made an abrupt right angle turn, way beyond the capabilities of any airplane--and so fast that anyone sitting inside it would have been killed by the G-forces--and then shot straight up into the sky, much faster than before, and just disappeared.
Now that was bizarre!
I still don't know what to make of it.

Link

--

Portland, Oregon

Subject: UFO Sighting

Date: 02/01/01

Time: 1:00 AM

Witnesses: 2

Number of objects: 1 - Object had lights - Object changed colors

The event took place near A Military Airfield or Base - There is a Public Airfield in the area

Event Description:

My father and I witnessed what at first appeared to be a star in the sky.
Then it took off in a high rate of speed and I thought, a satellite. Then it performed a right angle turn, followed by another turn after 10 seconds. I yelled to my father to come out here, 'What is this???' He grabbed the binoculars and witnessed it change colors three times, white to red to blueish-green. It then performed more perfect right and left angle turns and went close from (horizon to horizon in seconds).
After 2 minutes and lots of Jet aircraft coming in or flying around, it just kind of "Imploded" or winked out and was gone. And was then the discussion of hours of talk and apprehension.

link

--

Labrador, Goose Bay

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. Ln4f511ee9

A fiery, spherical object made a right-angle turn during an observation by a C-54 crew flying from Westover to Goose Bay. It was also seen from the ground by the control tower and by two men who plunged to the earth when the object made a low pass at them. It went away at 2247.

Link

--

Brazil

On March 25, at 7:55 p.m. (local time), a satellite-like object about the apparent size of the full moon was spotted by 6 workers from the Santa Maria farm, the place where I use to go at week-ends. That farm is close to the town of Vassouras, about 80 miles away from Rio de Janeiro. When the object was first seen, it was coming from the south, from the direction of Rio. It was moving slowly with a kind of jerking motion, was round in shape and surrounded by a yellow glow. It was soundless when it came over the farm. It was moving along a linear trajectory but -- when over the farm -- it made a right-angle turn to the east and moved away with the same speed, disappearing into the horizon. The sighting lasted for about 20 minutes.

Link

--

The Hudson Valley UFO flap:

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. 6881c529bc0b

THE SIGHTINGS OF THE NIGHT OF MARCH 17, 1983 IN BREWSTER
08:40 p.m., Linda Nicoletti

At 08:40 p.m., Linda Nicoletti, a family mother in her thirties had looked out a window of her house in Brewster. She saw a large lighted object hovering over Interstate 84 just west of her home, and she first thought it could be a large jet airplane that was going to crash into her house, but realized it was not an airplane: it was moving too slow. She described it to the investigating ufologists as V-shaped with rows of bright lights along its "wings." She said that there were so many of these lights that it impossible to count them, and that they were of all colors of the rainbow, with one much larger and brighter light in the center underneath.

The object drifted slowly toward her house. She opened the window where she stood watching to check what the object sounded like, but she heard no sound, which confirmed to her that it could not be an airplane. Then the object then made a right-angle turn and headed toward the home of her neighbor Dennis Sant two doors away. When the object turned, she saw Dennis Sant standing in his garden also watching the object.

link

karl 12

Back to top Go down

Post  karl 12 Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:27 pm

UFO witnessed making right angle turns - Illinois, 1964.

Lawrenceville, Illinois, June 8th, 1964.

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. 04389b10d1df

On June 8th at 9:30 PM in Lawrenceville, Illinois, which is just across the river from Vincennes, a CE1 sighting took place. The witness, Mrs. Helen Reed, described a close-up observation she had of a peculiar looking object which was in the vicinity of her barn and in the air not more than 10 or 15 feet high. It was a typical domed disc with a flat bottom. When she first observed it the dome was glowing a soft blue. The object then moved erratically away from the barn and the dome turned a bright red orange in color. It then executed several sharp right angle turns and disappeared behind her shed.

Link

--

Incident taken from LIFE Magazine article, April 7, 1952:

Los Angeles,1951

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. C79114867f0f

INCIDENT 6:

On May 29, 1951 at 3:48 p.m., three technical writers for the aerophysics department of North American Aviation's plant at Downey, outside Los Angeles, were chatting on the factory grounds. They were Victor Black, Werner Eichler and Ed J. Sullivan. All at once they stared at the sky. Sullivan describes what they saw:"Approximately 30 glowing, meteorlike objects sprayed out of the east at a point about 45 degrees above the horizon, executed a right-angle turn and swept across the sky in an undulating vertical formation ... that resembled a tuning fork on edge. It took each of them about 25 seconds to cross 9O degrees of the horizon before performing another right-angle turn westward toward downtown Los Angeles... We estimated their diameter at 30 feet and their speed to be 1,700 mph. Each appeared as an intense electric blue light, round and without length. They moved with the motion of flat stones skipping across a smooth pond."

EVALUATION:

No known natural or optical phenomenon, makes the peculiar light, in bright day, attributed to these objects by Sullivan and his colleagues; nor can any natural object, hurtling at such a speed, execute a right angle turn. As in the Moore theodolite sighting, the execution of such a turn would have crushed any human crew under the impact of "G" forces. Finally, of course, no known machine travels at 1,700 mph without making a sound or leaving an exhaust or vapor trail.

link

karl 12

Back to top Go down

Post  karl 12 Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Other reports:

San Luis Reservoir UFO, Merced County, CA, April 8, 1981.

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. Fx514337e5

3:00 AM. The complete failure of an aircraft's electronics, including the transponder, DME, navigation equipment, and two-way radios, occurred when a bullet-shaped UFO passed within 500 feet of an airplane being flown by Mr. Dennis, a flight instructor, while flying over San Luis Reservoir, Merced County, California at 3:00 a.m. The electronics recovered after the UFO had gone. The object was described as 35-50 in length, with a pulsating orange front end, and having a blue ring perpendicular to the craft. The object was said to be whirling, and made an instantaneous 90 degree turn.
Sources: J. Allen Hynek, International UFO Reporter, January 1982, p. 6; UNICAT database, citing Tom Page, case 34; Dominique Weinstein, Aircraft UFO Encounters, p. 43.

Link

--

UFOs over Hot Springs, Arkansas

HOT SPRINGS -- I was at work pulling shopping carts inside on March 23, 2001, as my job requires, when an older gentleman said, "What the HELL!'" Concerned for customer safety, I looked around and saw the gentleman looking into the sky.I looked up also at 7:23 PM. About 500 feet in the air were eight crafts that appeared to be making high-speed ninety degree (90 degree) turns. The gentleman noticed me watching and asked me if I saw them too. I replied with a, "Yes sir!" and then proceeded to ask him, "What are they?'' He replied, "I don't know." We watched these acrobatic crafts for almost seven minutes before six of them shot off to the North at an astounding rate of speed. The other two craft just sat and hovered for a minute or so and then shot off the West just as fast as the six to the North did. I have seen aircraft like F-16's make turns but not as sharp or perfectly cornered as these craft seemed to be doing.

Link

--

Concord, New Hampshire UFO Sighting

Date: 2007-08-17 01:00 GMT

Distance: 500 feet or less

While driving on highway 89 North in NH I witnessed a bright light appear in the top edge of my windshield. I leaned forward and looked up and observed a bright light meandering along under apparent intelligent control. I immediately recognized the light as some kind of propulsion. The craft was very low in the sky maybe one hundred yards or more up, it was just below the mountain line in the background. The flight pattern of the craft was a very slight and gradual weaving from left to right barely noticeable. Then, suddenly, it accellerated faster than any aircraft I have ever seen and I have seen the fastest aircraft in the world, the SR71, take off many times. Then, the most amazing thing of all happened, the craft, while accellerating, made an absolute ninety degree turn to the right(east), which confirmed my thought of the light being that of the propulsion system, the light was no longer visible because the craft had turned, and there was no light visibly emminating from the back after it turned, then it was gone in a split second as it accellerated even faster. I was able to see just a shadow of the craft against the moonlit sky as it dissapeared, and as fast as it took off it did appear to literally disappear.

Link

--

Veteran U.K. researcher David Cayton discusses UFO case in which three separate radar stations tracked an unknown object travelling at 12,000mph (and making right angle turns) over Cyprus in 1958:

See 3:30.

The Cayton UFO Files.

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. 7ee04fff072a

Television Interview

karl 12

Back to top Go down

Post  karl 12 Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 pm

Statement from Colonel Ryszard Grundmanem, former head of Poland's 'Air Traffic, Air Force and Air Defense':

Colonel Ryszard Grundmanem.

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. 96b2a39089b1

"During the 1955 Warsaw Pact exercises, a radar station in the area of Warsaw recognized two targets over the Gulf of Gdansk. The targets were moving at a speed of 2,300 km/h at an altitude of 20 thousand meters. In those days there was no aircraft with such performance.At one point it was noticed that the two objects did a 90 degrees turn, literally on the spot with no turning radius. This maneuver at such high speeds cannot be done. Most modern aircraft are unable to do so even today, and that was 50 years ago".

Colonel Ryszard Grundmanem - Former Head of Poland's 'Air Traffic, Air Force and Air Defense'

--

Report taken from The RAND Corporation Report - "UFOs: What to Do"

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. Wz51433ff5

"'The UFO appeared to be about the size of one of the Cape Cod houses over which it passed, which would make it approximately 30 ft. in diameter and about the same dimension in height. It was circular, surmounted by a dome giving off flashes of green light. The center section rotated a series of square shaped "windows", each giving off a brilliant white light. The base section was somewhat saucer-shaped,curved upward. Shafts of white light were directed downward from the base.' Unfortunately, my wife cannot recall if the exterior was metallic in appearance. In any event, the object had a well-defined outline. Again, it moved silently. There was no evidence of occupants of the UFO..

"Again, my wife called me from the basement. By the time I got outside, the object had made a 90 degree turn northward and was proceeding parallel to the backs of the houses in the same line as ours. It was perhaps 150 - 200 yards distant. My observation of the characteristics of the UFO tallied with my wife's and the young lady's. Each of them independently made a pencil sketch within a few minutes after the sighting, and the sketches were substantially alike. "All told, there were at least 15 persons in the vicinity who acknowledged seeing the object at about the same time as the sightings made by my wife and myself."

U.S. Rand Report (pdf)

--

UFO reported making right angle turn over Illinois:

Triangle UFO over Illinois makes 90-degree turn and disappears

An Illinois witness is reporting a triangle-shape UFO moving overhead at "Mach 1" suddenly turned north in a "perfect L" move and disappeared on March 14, according to testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) database.

"No aircraft moving at that speed can do that," the witness stated.

The object was described as having steady amber lights at its outward edges and one flashing light.

The witness said the object "visibly disappeared as if the lights on it were extinguished."

Link

--

Right angle turn report from Brazil, 1966.

REPORT FROM BRAZIL

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. Vc51434326

On March 17, at 7:46 p.m. (local time), a formation of four UFOs was sighted from the district of Vista Alegre in Cordovil, a suburb located in the north area of Rio de Janeiro..

Then all of them stopped suddenly in mid-air, for more than 10 seconds. Again they started to move at high speed and came together to fly in close formation. They emitted a bright white glow and looked like first-magnitude stars flying in formation. They maneuvered always at high speed, making right-angle turns and stopping in mid air for several times. At that moment Mr. Righy was already shouting for his neighbors to watch the phenomenon. In a few minutes a small crowd was gathered at the street - men, women and children.

link

karl 12

Back to top Go down

Post  karl 12 Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Pilots of a passenger jet witness UFO make a right angle turn, separate from another object then submerge into the sea.

Pilots Witness Two UFOs separate and One USO Submerge

December 22, 1977.

"We were out about six hundred miles over the Atlantic at 21,000 feet heading in to Logan..

"I slammed on some power, hauled the nose up and prayed we'd go over top of that thing. Just as we started to climb, this thing swept straight up, did an impossible right angle turn and begins to pace us. I don't see how ANYTHING could have executed a maneuver like that -- I mean almost a simultaneous two-directional turn -- up and to the right, not to mention coming to damned near a dead stop"

"We couldn't detect any sound, see any prop or jet wash, nor see any exhaust. It just kept flashing a lot of lights around the middle. Once we leveled off again, the thing stayed just ahead of us off to our right and we had a chance to observe it.We couldn't see any hard outline or shape to it but, you could tell it was circular because of the lights..

link

--

Right angle turn UFO report taken from Dominique Weinstein´s Military, Airliner and Private Pilot´s sightings catalogue:

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns. Fi51434750

USA Loring AFB, Maine - an ANG helicopter pilot.

Pilot pursued UFO that made 90° turns during SAC base intrusions

Catalogue of Military,Airliner and Private Pilots Sightings from 1916 -2000 (pdf)

--

Newspaper article from the Eastern North Carolina UFO flap of the 3rd to the 9th of April, 1975:

"We're talking about reliable law enforcement officials who say that these things have gone directly over their cars, 50 to 100 feet away. When you don't hear something that does incredible maneuvers, makes 90 degree turns, starts and stops and accelerates at hundreds of miles an hour, then you have to start considering that maybe we are dealing with something that is not made on this earth".

News Archive

karl 12

Back to top Go down

Post  easynow Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 pm

karl 12 wrote:
"There are some definite flight type characteristics that are seen now that I would say represent genuine UFOs...ie: instant acceleration; instant stop; vertical acceleration -up into the air and down to the ground; reverses in direction; right angle turns - all in silence - multiple objects sometimes separating and then going back into each other.
They are classic, what I would call, genuine UFO characteristics - things that we can not do in a conventional sense".

British Detective Police Constable Gary Heseltine - Police UFO reporting organisation, PRUFOS

As I'm sure a lot of people already know (including Gary Heseltine) there's been quite a number of reports over the years describing unidentified flying objects performing highly unusual flight characteristics like instant acceleration, immediate stops, reverses in direction, pendulum motion etc.. - below are some reports dealing with right angle turns, if anyone knows of any other examples then please feel free to post.

Wow karl this thread is absolutely brilliant work my friend, thanks for sharing ! Some of these cases you posted I've never heard of before so it looks like I have some reading and catching up to do !

And yes the reported Delta-V maneuvers and right angle turns exhibited by these objects is no doubt an extremely interesting flight characteristic and subject. Believe it or not, I've actually witnessed this part of the phenomena and seen it with my own eyes. One minute your looking at the object going in one direction and then in a blink of an eye you suddenly notice the object is now going in a different direction. It's really bizarre to see and it's no surprise to me why the military industrial complex was/is so interested in UFOs.

Here's a few videos showing objects with apparent changes in velocity vector ....

One object that I focus on specifically near the end of this presentation exhibits a very dramatic change in flightpath trajectory. The object can be seen materializing into view (or into the sensitivity range of the camera system) in the lower right of screen shortly after the footage begins, and the flightpath deviation it exhibits is very abrupt and results in over a 90-degree change in the velocity vector.

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EqqKGOM4AI

Moon UFO videos showing objects making left-right angle turns Shocked

The question is ...

If these objects can outmaneuver any conventional fighter jet or stealth aircraft, how are they NOT a threat to national security ??

Thank again bro ! Cheers Cool

easynow
easynow

Back to top Go down

Post  karl 12 Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:17 am

Appreciate the comments mate and by the looks of all the content in this forum I've got a lot of reading and catching up to do as well Smile -was also very interested to hear about your sighting as I was with a friend in Valencia, Spain around October 2010 and also witnessed a self luminous object 'zig zag' across the sky -I was already interested in the UFO subject by then but it's the first UFO I've ever seen with my own eyes (maybe you look up more when you know the phenomenon is a real one) -the object seemed to pulse in brightness before it changed direction and covered a huge distance before disappearing over a mountain, my friend who was completely sceptical about the subject still talks about it to this day.

One object that I focus on specifically near the end of this presentation exhibits a very dramatic change in flightpath trajectory. The object can be seen materializing into view (or into the sensitivity range of the camera system) in the lower right of screen shortly after the footage begins, and the flightpath deviation it exhibits is very abrupt and results in over a 90-degree change in the velocity vector.

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EqqKGOM4AI

Well now that's a pretty fascinating video you've posted right there - it's no surprise to me why the military industrial complex are interested in UFOs either! Here's another freaky one I got sent the other day and I don't know about the heritage of the second clip but it's also a very strange one.

Cheers.

karl 12

Back to top Go down

Post  karl 12 Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:58 am

easynow wrote:

The question is ...

If these objects can outmaneuver any conventional fighter jet or stealth aircraft, how are they NOT a threat to national security ??

Couldn't agree more my friend and the government's claim that they don't see UFOs as a threat to National Security (or as 'no defense significance') has got to be one of the preposterous ones to swallow of the lot (along with the claim that 'no government agency has ever taken an interest in UFOs since the closure of Project Bluebook').

Government documents already exist in the public domain that show they were extremely concerned about these objects and extremely puzzled as to what they represented -there are some good examples at the links below but will try to sort them all out and post them in one thread.

Ufologie - FOIA declassified documents

UFO Evidence - Government UFO Documents

The Black Vault -Government Document Archive

UFO-Related Documentation in PDF Format

As you know, there's also been quite a few instances of UFOs penetrating highly restricted airspace over sensitive military installations so I can certainly see why fighter jets have been sent up to intercept these objects -it also looks like the MOD's Nick Pope agrees with your comments and there's a relevant statement below (I suppose another good question is, if these objects are unidentified, then how the hell do they know they do not pose a defense threat?)

"The official line from the Ministry of Defense is, 'Yes, this happened. No, we don't know what it is, but we say that it is of no defense significance.' How can it possibly be of no defense significance when your best jet is left for standing by a UFO? And, again, how can it be of no defense significance when your air defense region is routinely penetrated by structured craft?"

Nick Pope
Head of the "UFO desk" at Air Secretariat 2-A, British Ministry of Defence from 1991-1994

As for right angle turn reports, there's another interesting one below from the Philippine Islands in 1948.

April 5, 1948: Manila, Philippine Islands

"Saucer Eludes Army Pilot By 90-Degree Turn"

Manila -- Lt. Robert W. Meyers of the 67th Fighter Wing, 18th Fighter Group, Philippine Islands was leading a group of 4 F-47s when he saw an aerial object 3 miles away.

He turned around to check on it and watched it make a 90-degree turn and disappear within 5 seconds. It was silver colored and left no exhaust trails.

Miscellaneous Newspaper Reported UFO sightings in 1947-1950 (PDF File)

According to the USAF it was 'probably a bird'. Smile

Pdf documents

Cheers!

karl 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down