Space Time Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Battle of L.A. - UFO over Los Angeles 1942
by easynow Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:13 pm

» Secret 1990 Calvine UFO photo leaked
by easynow Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:22 pm

» U.S. Military has Secret UFO retrieval program
by easynow Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:47 pm

» Video: Astronauts' Reports of UFO are Silenced
by easynow Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:49 pm

» Customs and Border Patrol UAP Videos
by SpaceBot Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:25 pm

Sir Francis Chichester UFO Sighting over Tasman Sea 1931

Go down

Sir Francis Chichester UFO Sighting over Tasman Sea 1931 Empty Sir Francis Chichester UFO Sighting over Tasman Sea 1931

Post  SpaceBot Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:56 pm

The Lonely Sea and Sky

Chichester & Gypsy Moth 1929

While making the first solo plane flight across the Tasman Sea between New Zealand and Australia, on June 10th, 1931, the famous adventurer Francis Chichester encountered "a dull grey-white airship" of ghost-like manner. Chichester was a truly remarkable man. His encounter with an inexplicable aerial phenomenon is described in his excellent book, "The Lonely Sea and the Sky".

At 3.00 pm, after seeing the S.S. Kurow battling its way through heavy seas below him, Chichester decided to fly north-west, to avoid facing a storm that lay in his path:

"Round the storm we flew into calm air under a weak lazy sun. I took out the sextant and got two shoots. It took me thirty minutes to work them out, for the engine kept back firing, and my attention wandered every time it did...

"Suddenly, ahead and thirty degrees to the left, there were bright flashes in several places, like the dazzle of a heliograph. I saw a dull grey-white airship coming towards me. It seemed impossible, but I could have sworn that it was an airship, nosing towards me like an oblong pearl. Except for a cloud or two, there was nothing else in the sky.

I looked around, sometimes catching a flash or a glint, and turning again to look at the airship I found it had disappeared. I screwed up my eyes, unable to believe them, and twisted the seaplane this way and that, thinking that the airship must be hidden by a blind spot. Dazzling flashes continued in four or five different places, but I could not pick out any planes.

Then, out of some clouds to my right front, I saw another, or the same, airship advancing. I watched it intently, determined not to look away for a fraction of a second: I'd see what happened to this one, if I had to chase it. It drew steadily closer, until perhaps a mile away, when suddenly it vanished. Then it reappeared, close to where it had vanished: I watched with angry intentness.

It drew closer, and I could see the dull gleam of light on its nose and back. It came on, but instead of increasing in size, it diminished as it app roached. When quite near, it suddenly became its own ghost - one second I could see through it, and the next it had vanished. I decided that it could only be a diminutive cloud, perfectly shaped like an airship and then dissolving, but it was uncanny that it should exactly resume the same shape after it once vanished.

I turned towards the flashes, but those too had vanished. All this was many years before anyone spoke of flying saucers. What ever it was I saw, it seems to have been very much like what people have since claimed to be flying saucers."

Link - http://www.auforn.com/Bill_Chalker_27.htm

1931 Aviation Pioneer Sir Francis Chichester UFO

Aviation Pioneer Sir Francis Chichester UFO... by zbestufovideos

SpaceBot
SpaceBot

Back to top Go down